ZDV is a a great place to fly and control in! But, the only way we can remain that way, is with a solid foundation of dedicated, professional sounding controllers to support that statement. ZDV is growing larger and larger, the need for a training staff also becomes larger and larger.
Here are the requirements for becoming a Mentor at ZDV.
S2 rating or higher
Mentor in Training (MIT) Monitored teaching under the supervision of Instructors for this recommendation
Meet monthly ARTCC controlling requirements as set forth in Denver ARTCC General Policy
No disciplinary issues and remain in good standing with ZDV and VATSIM policies
Able to teach a Minimum 5 training sessions per month
Home controller at ZDV (in good standing) for at least 90 days.
*Able to "Create the Magic" at Denver ARTCC*
There is no better feeling than knowing that You are the one making the difference in keeping our ARTCC strong, proud and dedicated with the professional sounding consistency of all Denver controllers.
Interested candidates need to contact the training department with the following information:
- Why do you want to become a Mentor?
- How many hours per month do you control in ZDV?
- What are the key values of a leader? How do you demonstrate these values?
- How would you energize ZDV controllers to want to control more?
- How frequently do you support others and get support from others?
- How would you keep yourself and ZDV controllers involved and motivated?
- Have you ever given advice to a VATSIM controller or VATSIM pilot?
- What could you do as a Mentor to help improve the ZDV ARTCC and controller activity?
- Do you have any disciplinary problems with VATSIM? If yes, explain.
- Is there anything that you feel would set you apart as a candidate for the Mentor position?
Additionally, a Resume and/or Letter of Intent is recommended (not required)